Saturday, November 15, 2008

the sweeter moments of life...

it's 5 am...i ve been up since 3...well really all night...but i am wide awake and i dare not sleep without writing this!
i have just spent the past 2 hours Skyping with all my classmates from RTS.  Really the word "classmates" doesnt do this group of friends justice.  Let me just tell you how much fun it was!! They had all gathered together for a surprise 'going away' party for our classmate (and dearest friend, Bev) as she is about to make the venture back across the pond. It is hard to believe she will not be in Jackson when I come home for Christmas.  I told others that I haven't known my adult life in Jackson without Bev being there!!  So sweet Mike set up his camera so that I could 'attend' the party.  oh my word...how special!!  I had warned them that i might get a bit teary as it s hard to really put into words how much i have missed these 12 people (and their spouses, families, etc). well before i took my cat hour nap leading up to our 3 am planned skyping appt (keep in mind it s 7 pm their time), i thought "no..i m fine."  well let s just say to go from spending the past two years living every step of life short of sleeping on the classroom floor with these people, to moving 4000 miles away and not seeing or talking to them for 3 months to seeing all of them in ONE room at ONE time saying "HEY!!!" is slightly moving.  They were dear enough to let me get through all the tears enough to talk for TWO HOURS to EVERYONE! 
It was wonderful.  i m still beaming.  
the sun has officially risen now.  honestly, it was cool to be up all night.  we had our biggest rain yet all night tonight.  Rain pitter pattering on the tin roof followed by the gradual sun rise is pretty amazing here in Africa.
So..here's to 4 weeks til I am blessed to spend more time with these precious friends...

No comments: