Thursday, September 25, 2008

A few more pictures...i have to post them when the internet is working fast enough to actually load! So, I m sorry for the randomness!
This first one is of one of my favorite places to go for breakfast--Rach and I went our first Sunday here and have returned since...it's a regular.  Great breakfast and lunch food!  It has the neatest little courtyard that is so inviting...open doors...when we went there last we both said "mom and dad would love this place.  I can us having a 3 hour sunday lunch here."  This captures the beautiful weather of Malawi which people refer to quite often.
Amidst the craziness of dressing up in her clown costume, I asked Rachel "are you ok?"..as she looked slightly stressed out.  She looked at me with her usual 'are you really asking me that question right now?' look and said "yeah...because this is what i have always dreamt i would do with my life..." 
It was a long week...a little R&R was needed.  I mean who doesnt need a good cup of hot tea, a great magazine, and a pedicure! ...I may have moved to Africa..but I havent lost my girlyness.
This past weekend we had the college girls basketball team over for pizza and a movie! It was SO fun! Rachel and I are coaching the team...about 13 girls total.  I think only one could not come that night.  We had a great time sitting around chatting (typical girl style), drinking Sobo and Fanta (the new-to-Caroline Malawi soft drinks) and then watched the chic flic Hitch.  There was much laughter, fun, and noise! These girls can yell!

Anyway..just a few pictures of what all is going on.  More to come!

2 comments:

em g ferguson said...

fanta is my drink of choice when i'm in peru! it's so great!! i don't understand why the popularity doesn't translate to america!
miss you my friend!!!
love you!!

Brink said...

I have experienced Fanta in Peru as well but had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder.
Way to go on the pedicure...I hope to get one before the baby arrives.